ಕ್ರಿಶ್ಣ ಕ್ರಿಶ್ಣ ಕ್ರಿಶ್ಣ ಎ೦ದು ಮುರು ಬಾರಿ ನೆನೆಯಿರೋ
ಸ೦ತುಷ್ಟನಾಗಿ ಮುಕುಥಿ ಕೊಟ್ಟು ಮಿಕ್ಕ ಬಾರ ಹೊರುವನೋ
krishna krishna krishna endu muru bAri neneyero
saMtushtanAgi mukuthi koTTu mikka bAra horuvano
Sri Vyasarajaru says that if one says "Krishna " three times, then Paramatma will be pleased with him and showers his grace on him . But one may say it three times and we have the experience that no such thing happens. This has to be understood more deeply. Here muru bari means in the three states of Jagara, Swapna and Suhupthi one should have his smarana continuously. That is possible only when one is in the state of Samadhi . So remembering Krishna in all the three states that are possible for the jeeva in samsara is the goal for a mukthi yogya jeeva. If one were able to accomplish this then the Lord's grace is sure to encompass such a person and he can rest assured that the Lord will grant him mukthi and burn off his sanchita and agami karmas. The heavy weight that accompanies the jeeva is the weight of
its karma over past lives. This weight will be unburdened by the Lord when the soul is eligible for his grace. Sir Vyasarajaru says 'mikka bAra' means the remaining karma which has not come into play . The karma which is not in the accumulated parcel but has been approved for the jeeva's experience is called as prArabdha. This has to be endured even if it takes more than a life time, but Sri Vyasarajaru gives the assurance that the jeeva will be relieved of the responsibility for the baggage of karma in store .
ಸಕಲ ವೇದ ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರ ಪಟಿಸಿ ಸಾರವನ್ನು ತಿಳಿದರೇನು
ಮಕರ ಕುಂಡಲ ಧರನ ನಾಮಕೆ ಸಾಟಿಯಿಲ್ಲವೊ
sakala vedA shAstra paTisi sAravannu tilidarenu
makara kuMdala darana nAmake saTiyillavo
Study of the Veda's , Shastras is done in order to learn about the glories of the Lord . If one has studied the vedas and shastras and found out the essence of them , but does not implement what he has learnt or if he does not experience what he has learnt then his learning is not equivalent to one who can call out the names of the Lord with the understanding that the names of the Lord are to glorify Him and not just to call him. A devotee who can experience the glory of the Lord by chanting his name is the ideal devotee.
ಕಮಲನಾಭನ ಚಿಹ್ನೆಯನ್ನು ಧರಿಸಿ ಕೊಂಡು ಮೆರೆಯಿರೋ
ಯಮನ ಭಟರು ನೋಡಿ ಅ೦ಜಿ ಅಡವಿ ಪೋಗುವರೋ
kamalanAbana chinneyanu dharisi koMDu mereyirO
yamana bhaTaru nODi anji aDavi pOguvaro
He suggests that one should have those adornments on the body that show that
he is a Haribhakta . Looking towards the spiritual side : Sri Vyasarajaru may want to convey that a person who has done the upasana of the Lord as KamalanAbha is one who's mind is unadhered to any attachment of the world even though existing in it. "Kamalanabha" is the Lord with the lotus in his navel. Such a person will not be born again, and will not be chased by the servants of Yama. It means such a person will reach his higher goal of mukthi.
The marks of Lord Vishnu should be borne by the sadhaka during his sojourn in this world.He should cultivate the 30 Bhagavatha Dharmas described in the 7th and 8th Skandas of Srimad Bhagavatham.
1. sarvataH manasosanga - Detachment from worldy objects with steady conviction that HARI is Sarvothama.
2. sAdusanga - Constant association with the devotess of the Lord.
3. shouchaH : External and Internal purity. Internal purity is the result of performance of enjoined duties undesirous of fruits.
4. tapaH : The mind should be incessantly emgaged in the contemplation of the divinde and not stray to sinful thoughts.
5. titikshA : Tolerance towards duals like pain,pleasure and love,hate as conferred by God in consonance with karmas.
6. mounam : Constant meditation on the glories of the auspisious attributes of the Lord and zero of usage of the tongue for other speech.
7. swAdyAya : Study of scriptures which sublimates to the knowledge that all words speak of the glory of Paramatma.
8. Arjavam : Being straightforward in thought , word and deep. No hypocrisy.
9. brahmacharya : Abstinence from pleasure through any of the sense organs and engagement of the sense organs to prostrate the Lord.
10. ahimsA : Renouncing kama-desire which is the instigator to cause pain to others , paves the way to enlightenment.
11. samatvam - Treat honour and disgrace with the same state of mind.
12. sarvatra AtmeshavaranvIksha The Lord is the same infinite attributes in all His myraid forms both inside and outside.
13. kaivalyam - Always know that he is a dependent doer and is an instrument in the Lord's hands.
14. aniketanam -Understand that all objects in samsara are of a fleeting nature and realize that reaching Lord Vishnu's abode is his goal.
15. viviktadeshasevitvam - Live and do sadhana while in the human body but treat it as a temple of the Lord.
16. chIravasanam- Doing one's appointed assignments as the adoration of the Lord, without craving for results life after life .Such existence tatters the cloak of prArabdha.
17. santosham yenakenachit - Being content with what he earns the sadhaka lives doing sadhana to attain spiritual progress.
18. parArthaHa : Never wishing for the wealth of others
19. satayam : Words which contributes to the well being of the Noble souls.
20. abayam :Free from the fear of persecution , physically and mentally
21.shama dama -Fixing the mind on the Lord with complete sense -restraint
22. shravanam -Listen to the glories of the Lord
23. kirthanam -Sing the glories of the Lord.
24. smaranam -Contemplation of the Supreme Lord.
25. sevA - Dedicated service to the Absolute master and Lord of the universe with body, mind and speech.
26. Ijya-puja - Adoration of the Almighty with the sixteen types of service.
27. avanatiH: Bowing to the Lord with deep devotion again and again -cultivation of humility
28. saKyam - Conviction that the Lord is his sure and sole, affectionate caretaker.
29. dAsyam -Accept the Supremacy of the Lord and realize what a privilege it is to serve someone of such infinite and boundless attributes.
30. Atmasamarpanam - Total unconditional surrender of the body, mind and soul to the benevolent Supreme Lord.
ಜನ್ಮವೆತ್ತಿ ಮಧ್ವ ಮತವಾ ಅನುಸರೀಸಿ ನಡೆಯಿರೋ
ಸುಮ್ಮಾನದಿ ಶ್ರೀ ಕ್ರಿಸ್ಣಾ ತನ್ನ ಲೋಕ ಕೊಡುವನೋ
janma vetti madhva matavA anusarIsi neDeyirO
summAnadi sri krishnA tanna lOka koDuvanO
Sri Vyasaraju is exhorting such people who are disciples of Sri Madhvacharya to follow the tenets of the philosophy and he says that the Lord will easily bestow His grace on such a devotee and grant the sadhaka a place in His world.