Friday, October 15, 2010

Hyange Madalaiyya Krishna Hogutide Ayushya- Gopaladasaru


ಹ್ಯನ್ಗೆ ಮಾಡಲೈಯ್ಯ ಕ್ರಿಶ್ನ ಹೊಗುತಿದೆ ಆಯುಶ್ಯ
ಮಂಗಲಾನ್ಗ ಭವ ಬಂಗ ಬಿಡಿಸಿ ನಿನ್ನ
ಡಿಂಗರೀಗನ ಮಾಡೊ ಅನಂಗಜನಕಾ

hyange mADalaiyya krishna hogutide Ayushya
maMgalAnga bhava baMga biDisi ninna
DiMgarIgana mADo anaMgajanakA

"O Lord with the pure limbs, please break my knots of samsaara and free me from bondage and make me Your sevaka , O Lord the father of Manmatha."



ಎಸು ಜನುಮದ ಸುಕ್ರಿತದ ಫಲವೊ ತಾನು ಜನಿಸಲಾಗಿ
ಭುಸುರದೆಹದ ಜನುಮವು ಎನಗೆ ಸಂಭವಿಸಿದೆಯಾಗಿ
ಮೊದಥೀರ್ಥಮತ ಚಿಃನಿತನಾಗದೆ ದೋಶಕೆ ಒಲಗಾಗಿ
ಲೇಶ ಸಾಧನವ ಕಾಣದೆ ದುಸ್ಸಹವಾಸದಿಂದಲೆ ದಿನದಿನ ಕಲೆದೆ

esu janumada sukritada phalavo tAnu janisalAgi
bhusuradehada janumavu enage saMbhavisideyAgi
modathIrthamata chiHnitanAgade dOshake olagAgi
lEsha sAdhanava kANade dussahavAsadiMdale dinadina kalede

" O , how many good deeds in countless births has led me to get this sadhana shareera Instead of making good use of this opportunity to study and become an ardent follower of Madhva siddanta, I have accumulated imperfections and defects."

The human birth is not easy to comeby. The journey of the soul is ardous and traverses many life forms before it is endowed with the elevated form called 'human being." This is repeatedly told in "Srimad bhagavatham" and in many devaranamas too.



ಶಶಿಮುಖಿ ಕನಕದ ಆಶೆಗೆ ಬೆರೆತು ವಸುಪತಿ ನಿಮ್ಮಡಿಯ
ಹಸನಾಗಿ ನಿನ್ನ ನೆನೆಯದೆ ಕ್ರಿಪೆಯ ಗಲಿಸದೆ ಕೆಟ್ಟೆನೈಯ್ಯಾ
ನಿಶಿಹಗಲು ಸ್ತಿರವೆಂದು ತನುವನು ಪೋಶಿಸಲಾಶಿಸಿ ಜೀಯ
ಉಸಿರಿದ ನೆಲೆವೊ ಸರ್ವಕಾಲವು ನಿನ್ನೋಡೆತನವೆಂಬುವ ಬಗೆಯನು ಅರಿಯದೆ

shashimukhi kanakada Ashege beretu vasupati nimmaDiya
hasanAgi ninna neneyade kripeya galisade keTTenaiyyA
nishihagalu stiraveMdu tanuvanu pOshisalAshisi jIya
usirida nelevo sarvakAlavu ninnODetanaveMbuva bageyanu ariyade

"I have been hankering after sensual pleasures and wealth and have forgotton to remember Your lotus feet. Thinking that the day and night are eternal for me, I have always lived to serve my bodily needs, I never understood the total dependence of my life breath on Your great benevolence and now I begin to feel a pang when I remember that time is passing . Will I ever be able to make up for it?"



ನೆರೆ ನಂಬಿದ ಪಾವಟಿಗಲ್ಯ್ ಎಲ್ಲ ಸೈದು ಪೋದವಲ್ಲಾ
ಮರಳಿ ಈ ಪರಿ ಜನುಮವು ಬರುವಾ ಭರವಸೆಯಂತು ಇಲ್ಲಾ
ಪರಿಪರಿ ವಿಶಯದ ಆಸೆಯು ಎನಗೆ ಪಿರಿದು ಆಯಿತಲ್ಲಾ
ಹರಿಯೆ ಜಗದಿ ನೀನೋಬ್ಬನಲ್ಲದೆ ಪೊರೆವರಿನ್ನಾರು ಇಲ್ಲವಲ್ಲಾ

nere naMbida pAvaTigaly ella saidu pOdavallA
maraLi I pari janumavu baruvA bharavaseyaMtu illA
paripari vishayada Aseyu enage piridu AyitallA
hariye jagadi nInObbanallade porevarinnAru illavallA

"I had all along thought of certain things(like acquiring a family, a house,wealth etc) as steps to increase my happiness, but my belief in these things as the cause of happiness is dwindling. I'm not sure anymore whether they are the real cause of happinees and whether they will take me upwards. Oh, What shall I do? Will I ever get another human birth? I am beginning to have doubts on this. Inspite of all these confessions of not using my time properly due to being a slave of my sense organs, I am not able to toe the line of discipline. I am still not able to control my senses. Desires are again springing up in my mind. O Lord Hari, you are the only one is the entire universe who can uplift me and there is no one like You. You are unique and compassionate."

anaMga janaka is an appropriate guNa anusandhana for the Lord here as it means the father of the seed of desire(father of kAma) is the Lord Himself and He can tune the desire towards spiritual progress rather than towards ephemeral pleasures.



ಅವನಿಯೊಲಗೆ ಪುಂಯಕೆಶ್ತ್ರ ಚರಿಸುವ ಹವನಿಕೆ ಯೆನಗಿಲ್ಲಾ
ಪವನಾತ್ಮಕಗುರುಮಧ್ವಶಾಸ್ತ್ರದ ಪ್ರವಚನ ಕೇಲಲಿಲ್ಲಾ
ತವಕದಿಂದ ಗುರುಹಿರಿಯರ ಸೇವಿಸಿ ಅವರ ಒಲಿಸಲಿಲ್ಲಾ
ರವಿನಂದನ ಕೇಲಿದರುತ್ತರ ಕೊಡೆ ವಿವರ ಸರಕು ಒಂದಾದರಿಲ್ಲಾ

avaniyolage puMyakeshtra charisuva havanike yenagillA
pavanAtmakagurumadhvashAstrada pravachana kElalillA
tavakadiMda guruhiriyara sEvisi avara olisalillA
ravinaMdana kElidaruttara koDe vivara saraku oMdAdarillA

"I never had nor do I have any good desire like going for a theertha yatra, I have not listened to the discourses of the Madhva siddantha which is given by none other than Hanuman. (Madhvacharya is the third avatar of Vayu). I have not done any diligent service to gurus or elders and earned thier blessings. I don't have anything to show in the court of Yama (the son of Ravi ie son of Sun). O what shall I do now that time is slipping by?"



ಭಾಗವತರೊಡಗುಡಿ ಉಪವಾಸ ಜಾಗರ ಒಂದಿನ ಮಾಡಲಿಲ್ಲಾ
ರಾಗದಿ ಶುಕಮುನಿ ಪೇಲ್ದ ಹರಿಕತೆಸಂಯೋಗವೆಂಬೊದಿಲ್ಲಾ
ನೀಗುರ್ವಂತ ಭವ ಭಯವ ಭಕುತಿ ವೈರಾಗ್ಯವೆಂಬೊದಿಲ್ಲಾ
ಯೋಗಿವಂದ್ಯ ಗೋಪಾಲವಿಟ್ಟಲ ತಲೆಬಾಗಿ ನಿನ್ನನೆ ಬೇಡಿಕೊಂಬೆ

bhAgavataroDaguDi upavAsa jAgara oMdina mADalillA
rAgadi shukamuni pElda harikatesaMyOgaveMbodillA
nIgurvaMta bhava bhayava bhakuti vairAgyaveMbodillA
yOgivaMdya gOpAlaviTTala talebAgi ninnane bEDikoMbe

" I have not mingled with Your devotees and have not done any upavasa or jagarna , not even for a day did I do these things. I did not have the good taste to listen to the nectar of Bhagavatham recited by Sage Shuka to Parikshita. I don't have the bhakthi and vairagya which can remove my fear of samsaara and release me from bondage. All in all, I have done nothing to please You but I bow my head with reverence and beg of You O Lord gOpAla viTTala, revered by the knowing sages, Please show mercy one me."

2 comments: